Rick Hilton Fired a Shotgun in Terrifying Confrontation with Robbers During Break-in, Wife Kathy Hilton Reveals



NEED TO KNOW

  • Kathy Hilton says her husband Rick Hilton used a shotgun to scare off intruders during a home break-in last month
  • “[Rick] started shooting the gun out of his office in the air,” the Beverly Hills housewife tells Extra
  • The break-in occurred while Kathy was attending BravoCon in Las Vegas in mid November

Kathy Hilton is revealing how her husband Rick Hilton fended off robbers during a home invasion last month.

On Saturday, Nov. 15, the homes of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills stars Kathy Hilton and Sutton Stracke were burglarized while they attended BravoCon in Las Vegas. At the time, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed two break-ins on the blocks where the reality stars’ homes are located to PEOPLE. 

L: Kathy Hilton; R: Sutton Stracke.

Maya Dehlin Spach/WireImage; Chris Haston/WBTV via Getty


A department spokesperson added the “suspects fled the location” and a burglary report was completed for both addresses. 

At the time, a source close to Kathy, 66, told PEOPLE that “everything is fine,” while representatives for Stracke, 54, did not respond to a request for comment.

Now, Kathy is revealing what her husband did to ward off the intruders.

During a Dec. 3 interview with Extratv, Kathy explains the suspects came in and “broke the glass,” while it was raining and their security guard was down at the guest house. Rick, who was upstairs at the time, heard the commotion and “got his shotgun out.”

After she says three people broke down the door to the primary bedroom, Kathy explained Rick confronted the intruders. 

“He looked at them and said, ‘You know what, get the f— out of here. The police are on their way,’ ” Kathy says. 

“And then our [security] guy came up, they met, they ran out and then [Rick] started shooting the gun out of his office in the air.” 

Rick and Kathy Hilton.

Amy Sussman/Getty


Kathy adds that they’ve added extra security in their home since the incident: “If you touch anything… Carol came in today, and the whole house went off.”

In a statement shared with Entertainment Tonight on Nov. 18, Stracke said that suspects “entered through a kitchen window and stole all my luxury handbags,” adding “they also took my fine jewelry.”

The reported break-in occurred while Kathy and Stracke attended BravoCon 2025 in Las Vegas. The women were joined by their costars Rachel Zoe, Bozoma Saint John, Dorit Kemsley, Erika Girardi and Jennifer Tilly during a panel on Friday, Nov. 15.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Both stars previously provided an inside look at their homes to Bravo back in 2021. 

Kathy’s home features an elegant foyer, luxurious walk-in closet and large pool. It’s also been the site of big events such as her Christmas, birthday and RHOBH viewing parties. 

Meanwhile Stracke gave a home tour during part 1 of the RHOBH reunion on Oct. 13, 2021. The Housewives star announced in an August 24 Instagram Story that she was finally moving into her $5.35 million home after renting Kyle Richards and Mauricio Umansky’s home for nearly a year. 

The home’s grand living room features vaulted ceilings, exposed wooden beams, the original sculpted mantel and modern marble touches.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *