Dolly Parton has announced that her highly anticipated Las Vegas residency will be postponed as she prioritizes her health.
The 79-year-old country music legend shared the news directly with fans on Instagram, explaining that she has been facing health challenges that require her to undergo several medical procedures.
‘I want the fans and public to hear directly from me that, unfortunately, I will need to postpone my upcoming Las Vegas concerts,’ Parton wrote. ‘As many of you know, I have been dealing with some health challenges, and my doctors tell me that I must have a few procedures.’
In her signature humor, she joked that it felt like time for her ‘100,000-mile check-up,’ clarifying that it wasn’t her ‘usual trip to see [her] plastic surgeon.’
Despite the setback, Parton reassured fans that she is not retiring.
‘Don’t worry about me quittin’ the business because God hasn’t said anything about stopping yet,’ she said. ‘But, I believe He is telling me to slow down right now so I can be ready for more big adventures with all of you. I love you and thank you for understanding.’
The new Las Vegas dates will now run from September 2026, with rescheduled shows spanning from September 17 to September 26.
Tickets for the original 2025 shows will be valid for the new dates, and refunds will be available for those unable to attend.
Dolly Parton has announced that her highly anticipated Las Vegas residency will be postponed as she prioritizes her health; seen in January 2025
Underneath the post, Olivia Munn left a string of red heart emojis, while singer Brandi Carlile praised Parton as ‘beyond reproach.’
Country star Jennifer Nettles added: ‘Big adventures for you, for sure! Can’t wait to enjoy them with you! In the meantime, tend to yourself and feel better!’
Actress Julianne Hough shared three heart emojis.
Other fans echoed the same sentiment: ‘Protect this queen at all costs!!!!,’ one wrote, while another gushed, ‘Heal strong, Queen Dolly!’
One commenter summed up the mood of many, writing: ‘We love you so much please slow it down and recharge.’
Less than two weeks ago, Parton sparked concern over her health after cancelling a prescheduled trip to Dollywood, where she had been set to announce the park’s latest attraction.
Although the 9 to 5 hitmaker, 79, was unable to attend the event in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, she revealed in a pre-recorded video message that she was recovering from kidney stones.
‘Hello Dollywood! It’s me! I know, I’m here and you’re there and wondering why that is,’ Parton said in the clip, uploaded to X by news anchor Marcus Leshock.
The superstar went on to explain her health issue, telling fans: ‘I had a little problem. I had a kidney stone.’
‘Turns out there was an infection,’ she said. ‘And the doctor said: “You don’t need to be traveling around this minute… You need a few days to feel better.” So he suggested I not go to Dollywood today.’
The 10-time Grammy winner told attendees she was ‘there in spirit’ and had been so ‘looking forward to’ being at the theme park.